- CKD non-dialysis
- 13 ounces Corn Chex® cereal
- 28 ounces Rice Chex® cereal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Pour cereal into a large baking or roasting pan.
- Melt butter in sauce pan over a low-medium heat.
- Add garlic powder, dill, Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce to butter; stir to combine.
- Melt butter. Pour 1/4 of the butter mixture over cereal in pan and mix to coat cereal. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cereal from oven and pour another 1/4 of butter mixture over cereal; mix well. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Repeat step 6 two more times until all butter mixture is added and cereal has cooked for a total of one hour until crisp.
- A large roasting pan with high sides works best.
- The parmesan cheese is a higher phosphorus ingredient. 1/2 cup contributes 10 mg phosphorus per serving. Use less or omit if desired.
- Purchase one box of Corn Chex and 2 boxes of Rice Chex. For a smaller batch, reduce cereal to one or two boxes depending on how much you want to make. Adjust other ingredients as well.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Meg from Alabama.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 217 mg
Potassium 45 mg
Phosphorus 34 mg
Calcium 96 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Added Sugar 3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register