- CKD non-dialysis
- 13 ounces Corn Chex® cereal
- 28 ounces Rice Chex® cereal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Pour cereal into a large baking or roasting pan.
- Melt butter in sauce pan over a low-medium heat.
- Add garlic powder, dill, Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce to butter; stir to combine.
- Melt butter. Pour 1/4 of the butter mixture over cereal in pan and mix to coat cereal. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cereal from oven and pour another 1/4 of butter mixture over cereal; mix well. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Repeat step 6 two more times until all butter mixture is added and cereal has cooked for a total of one hour until crisp.
- A large roasting pan with high sides works best.
- The parmesan cheese is a higher phosphorus ingredient. 1/2 cup contributes 10 mg phosphorus per serving. Use less or omit if desired.
- Purchase one box of Corn Chex and 2 boxes of Rice Chex. For a smaller batch, reduce cereal to one or two boxes depending on how much you want to make. Adjust other ingredients as well.
Nutrients per serving
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Meg from Alabama.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register