4 pieces, 1” each
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 ounces canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons green onion
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 flour tortillas, 8" size
- Set cream cheese out to soften. Thinly slice green onion.
- Combine green chilies, spices and green onions in a bowl.
- Blend in softened cream cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on each tortilla, leaving 1/4” edge uncovered.
- Roll tortillas up like a jelly roll. Use toothpick to secure rolls.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Slice rolls into 1” pieces and serve as a snack or appetizer.
- Lavash flat bread may be used instead of tortilla.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mary from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 260 mg
Potassium 73 mg
Phosphorus 52 mg
Calcium 39 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register