High Protein Gelatin Cups
- 1 small box gelatin, any flavor, regular or sugar free
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Dissolve gelatin in the boiling water.
- Dissolve protein powder in the cold water.
- After protein powder is completely dissolved, combine the gelatin mixture with the protein powder mixture.
- Pour into 2-ounce soufflé cups and refrigerate until jelled.
- Congealed cubes can be frozen.
- Make a variety of flavors.
- Some gelatins contain phosphate additives and may not be recommended, especially if phosphorus control is an issue. Check labels and ingredients. Unflavored gelatin and fruit juice makes a good substitute.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kim from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 33 mg
Potassium 34 mg
Phosphorus 34 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 high calorie (only if made with regular gelatin)
1/2 (0 if sugar-free gelatin used)
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register