High Protein Gelatin Power Cubes
6 gelatin cubes
- 2 cups water
- 3 small boxes strawberry gelatin, sugar-free
- 2-1/4 cup cold water
- 1 box Knox® original unflavored gelatin (4 envelopes)
- 1-2/3 cups whey protein, strawberry flavor
- In a Pyrex measuring container, microwave 2 cups tap water until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from microwave and slowly add sugar-free gelatin to the boiling water, while stirring continuously. Stir until powder is completely dissolved. Pour into a bowl.
- In a shaker cup add the 2-1/4 cups cold water, whey protein and unflavored gelatin powder. Shake well until there are no lumps or particles.
- Slowly add shaker contents to the strawberry gelatin mixture. Stir while adding.
- Pour into a 9” x 13” pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into 48 cubes and divide into 8 equal servings
- Some gelatins contain phosphate additives and may not be recommended, especially if phosphorus control is an issue. Check labels and ingredients. Unflavored gelatin and fruit juice makes a good substitute.
- Check the ingredients on whey protein and look for brands that do not contain phosphate additives. Protein content will vary between brands.
- For more calories substitute regular instead of sugar-free gelatin.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jami from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74 mg
Potassium 80 mg
Phosphorus 92 mg
Calcium 70 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register