Hot Crab Dip
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 6 ounces canned crab meat
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Set cream cheese out to soften. Finely mince the onion.
- Place softened cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add the onion, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Stir in milk.
- Add the crab meat and stir until blended.
- Place mixture into an oven-safe dish. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm with low-sodium crackers.
- Try this recipe with fresh steamed crab meat instead of canned crab.
- Decrease fat to 4 grams per serving by using reduced-fat cream cheese. Be aware, the sodium content is higher.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Janis from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 1 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 191 mg
Potassium 92 mg
Phosphorus 68 mg
Calcium 43 mg
Fiber 0 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register