- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 20 ounces frozen okra
- 2 teaspoons dill seed
- 2 dried red peppers
- 2 whole chili peppers, canned
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1-1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Thaw and drain okra.
- Sterilize two one-pint jars and lids.
- Place 1-teaspoon dill seed into each jar. Pack okra into jars.
- To each jar add 1 red pepper, 1 chili pepper and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Combine vinegar and water and bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over okra in each jar. Cap jar and cool.
- Refrigerate and okra pickles will be ready to serve in 2 weeks.
- Fresh okra can be substituted for frozen okra when in season.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 2 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19 mg
Potassium 98 mg
Phosphorus 19 mg
Calcium 41 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: Recipe created by Annette, mother of DaVita patient Julie, and submitted by DaVita dietitian Amity from Florida.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register