- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 cups popcorn, popped, unsalted
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread popcorn in a shallow pan.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and butter in a 1/2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until a small amount dropped in cold water separates into thin threads which are hard but not brittle (280° F on the candy thermometer). Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour syrup over popcorn, stirring until well-coated. Spread on a greased baking sheet. Break into pieces.
- Allow to cool. Store in an air tight container until ready to serve.
- Portion into individual servings and store for a quick snack or dessert during the week.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jackie H. from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 36 g
Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 43 mg
Sodium 123 mg
Potassium 25 mg
Phosphorus 27 mg
Calcium 7 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register