- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 24 chicken wing drummettes
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Heat the jam, soy sauce and vinegar in a saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- Place the wings in a large bowl. Pour the jam sauce over wings and toss to coat heavily.
- Place the chicken wings in a large baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Serve the wings hot or place in a covered warming dish or crock pot on low setting until ready to serve.
- Buy fresh wing drummettes. A 1-1/4 pound package contains 12 drummettes. If unavailable, ask your butcher to cut whole chicken wings into drummette size.
- Boneless chicken pieces may be used in this recipe. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 181 mg
Potassium 121 mg
Phosphorus 70 mg
Calcium 7 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 fat
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: Recipe submitted DaVita dietitian Kathy, MS, RD, LDN, CSR, from Pennsylvania.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register