Spicy Crunch and Munch Snack Mix
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 4 cups Ralston Purina® Rice Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Kellogg’s® Crispex® cereal
- 3 cups bite-sized oyster crackers
- 1 cup unsalted pretzel twists
- 5 tablespoons unsalted transfat-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt margarine in a 10” x 15” pan. Stir in spices, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Add cereals, crackers and pretzels. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes; gently mix every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Compare brands—cereals, crackers and pretzels vary greatly in sodium content. Always get the brand with the least amount of sodium.
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 127 mg
Potassium 37 mg
Phosphorus 16 mg
Calcium 3 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register