Sweet and Spicy Tortilla Chips
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas, 6" size
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and mix with brown sugar and spices in a small bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- With a pastry brush, coat tortillas with seasoning mixture.
- Bake for about 8 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
- Store extra chips in an airtight container.
- Use kitchen shears to easily cut tortillas into wedges.
- Corn tortilla may be substituted for flour tortilla for a lower sodium snack (48 mg). Be aware the phosphorus is higher (63 mg).
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Terri from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 156 mg
Potassium 42 mg
Phosphorus 44 mg
Calcium 31 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Added Sugar 1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register