- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound ground turkey, 7% fat
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 ounces grape jelly
- 1/4 cup Heinz® bottled chili sauce
- Combine the ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, finely chopped onion, garlic powder and pepper until well blended.
- Shape turkey mixture into 3/4-inch meatballs to make approximately 48 balls.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook meatballs over medium heat. Turn several times to brown evenly. Continue cooking until meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- Combine the jelly and chili sauce in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until jelly is liquefied. Stir well and pour over the meatballs in a chafing dish or slow cooker set on low heat.
- This recipe works best with ground turkey containing 7% fat. Meatballs made with ground turkey breast meat are not as moist.
- Ground beef or pork may be substituted for ground turkey.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 129 mg
Potassium 148 mg
Phosphorus 89 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register