- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces canned diced green chili peppers
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 24 chicken wing drummettes
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken wings in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken wings in a baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Serve the wings hot or place in a covered warming dish or crock pot on low setting until ready to serve.
- Buy fresh wing drummettes. A 1-1/4 pound package contains approximately 12 drummettes. If unavailable, ask your butcher to cut whole chicken wings into drummette size.
- Boneless chicken pieces may be used in this recipe. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.
- Choose lowest sodium brand barbecue sauce or instead of using commercial barbecue sauce, serve with DaVita.com's recipe for Zesty Barbecue Sauce. Sodium content is much lower.
- Look for the lowest sodium brand of green chili peppers. Sodium varies greatly between brands.
Submitted by: Recipe submitted DaVita dietitian Kathy, MS, RD, LDN, CSR, from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 187 mg
Potassium 140 mg
Phosphorus 66 mg
Calcium 13 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Added Sugar 17 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 fat
- 1-1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register