- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup raw spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 2 tablespoons pimento
- 3 ounces unprocessed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 flour tortillas, burrito size
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® original herb seasoning blend
- Chop spinach. Dice onion, pimento and turkey breast. Drain pineapple.
- Spread cream cheese over each tortilla to cover. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Divide mixed ingredients into 2 portions. Place half on each tortillas and roll up like a jelly roll.
- Trim ends and slice each roll into 6 pieces.
- Wrap un-cut roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cut and serve.
- Compare tortilla brands and select the lowest in sodium.
Submitted by: Recipe from "Cooking for David: A Culinary Dialysis Cookbook" by Sara Colman RD, CDE and Dorothy Gordon BS, RN.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 298 mg
Potassium 199 mg
Phosphorus 126 mg
Calcium 58 mg
Fiber 1.7 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register