- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- 2 tablespoons carrots
- 2 tablespoons green pepper
- 1/3 cup cucumber
- 2/3 cup unsalted, cooked chicken
- 2 flour tortillas, 6" size
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup broccoli slaw mix
- Grate carrots. Chop green pepper and cucumber. Shred chicken.
- Mix garlic and onion powder into cream cheese.
- Spread half of the mixture over each tortilla.
- Add vegetables and meat.
- Roll up wrap and refrigerate or serve immediately.
- Make ahead and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Works with any flatbread wrap.
- Looks delicious cut in half and arranged on a plate with fresh blueberries and strawberries. Add a cold glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade.
- Coleslaw mix can be substituted for broccoli slaw and grated carrots, or try other low potassium vegetable as substitutes.
- For variety try turkey or roast beef instead of chicken.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Janie from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 316 mg
Potassium 284 mg
Phosphorus 196 mg
Calcium 75 mg
Fiber 1.6 g
Added Sugar 1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register