- CKD non-dialysis
- Heart Healthy
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breasts
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large onions
- 3 sweet bell peppers (red and green)
- 40 ounces canned pineapple chunks
- 8 ounces canned mandarin oranges
- 1 cup raspberry salad dressing
- 1/2 pound grapes
- 24 skewers or kabob sticks
- Cook turkey breasts at 350° F for 1 hour or until meat thermometer reaches 180° F. Let cool.
- Cut turkey into bite size cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, sugar, oil, ginger and nutmeg.
- Place turkey cubes in mixture. Cover and let sit in refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut onions and peppers into kabob-sized pieces. Drain pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges.
- Using skewers, alternate turkey, onion, peppers, and pineapple chunks to make 24 kabobs.
- Place kabobs in a large microwave safe dish and cover with wax paper. Microwave kabobs for 8 minutes.
- Place kabobs on a serving platter. Pour dressing over kabobs and garnish with grapes and mandarin oranges before serving.
- Substitute pork roast for turkey for variety.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 168 mg
Potassium 234 mg
Phosphorus 100 mg
Calcium 25 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Submitted by: Recipe submitted DaVita dietitian Kathy, MS, RD, LDN, CSR, from Pennsylvania.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register