Vanilla Wafers with Sweet Cream Cheese Protein Spread
4 cookies + 4 teaspoons spread
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 72 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup blueberries
- Using a handheld mixer, mix the cream cheese with the protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on each of 4 vanilla wafers.
- Top each cookie with 1 berry.
- Substitute blackberries or raspberries for blueberries if desired.
- Lemon, almond or other extract can be used in place of the vanilla extract, if desired.
- One box of vanilla wafer cookies contains 70-80 cookies.
- Compare whey protein brands and look for a brand without added phosphate additives. Ask your dietitian for recommendations on the lower phosphorus brands.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Carie from Alabama.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 94 mg
Potassium 38 mg
Phosphorus 22 mg
Calcium 17 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register