White Bean Dip
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 15 ounces canned reduced-sodium white beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 basil leaves
- Mince the garlic clove. Place beans in a colander and rinse and drain well.
- In a medium size pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over low-medium heat. Add garlic and turn heat to low.
- Add in red pepper flakes and dried rosemary. Stir together until garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans and stir to combine.
- Transfer bean mixture to a food processor and pulse. Add in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water as needed for preferred consistency.
- Remove mixture from processor and place in a bowl.
- Garnish with remaining olive oil and basil leaves.
- Serve with unsalted pretzels or baby carrots or use as a spread for burgers, wraps or sandwiches.
- Replace the rosemary and basil with any other preferred herbs of choice.
- Can be served warm, cold or at room temperature.
- White beans include cannellini beans, great northern beans and navy beans.
- Substitute boiled white beans for canned beans if desired.
- A 15 ounce can of white beans yields 10.5 ounces after beans are rinsed and drained.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Elyse from Virginia
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 63 mg
Potassium 109 mg
Phosphorus 35 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Fiber 1.7 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
12 muffins SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register