Wonton Quiche Minis
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 ounce lean cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 24 wonton wrappers (3-1/4” x 3”)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely chop ham. Chop green onions and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, ham, onions, pepper and flour until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly coat 24 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray. Line cups by gently pressing the center of 1 wonton wrapper into each cup, allowing ends to extend above edges of cup.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the wonton-lined cups, dividing evenly among all 24 cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Mini muffin cup size is 1-3/4” x 3/4”.
- Substitute 1-1/4 cups low-cholesterol egg product for the eggs to reduce cholesterol.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Trisha from New Mexico.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 91 mg
Sodium 95 mg
Potassium 47 mg
Phosphorus 55 mg
Calcium 16 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register