All American Meatloaf
1/6 slice of loaf
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
2 tablespoons onion
20 squares saltine-type crackers, unsalted tops
1 pound lean ground beef (10% fat)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup catsup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely chop onion. Place crackers in a large zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers, onion, ground beef, egg, milk and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place mixture into loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- To make topping, mix catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and water in a small bowl.
- Remove cooked meatloaf from oven and cover with sauce.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Slice into 6 portions and serve.
- Use leftover meatloaf to make sandwiches.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Joyce from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 263 mg
Potassium 254 mg
Phosphorus 147 mg
Calcium 36 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Added Sugar 5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register