Apple Pork Chops and Stuffing
1 pork chop and 1/6th serving apples and stuffing.
- 6 ounces lower sodium Stove Top® stuffing mix for chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 20 ounces apple pie filling (1 jar or can)
- 6 boneless pork loin chops
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9” x 13” pan with cooking spray.
- Add stuffing mix to bowl and mix in water and margarine per package directions and set aside.
- Spread apple pie filling on bottom of pan.
- Place pork chops over apple pie filling.
- Spread stuffing over pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Boneless chicken breasts can be used instead of pork chops if desired.
- For a lower protein diet adjust the pork serving portion to match your meal plan.
- Instead of boxed stuffing you can substitute the Baked Stuffing from DaVita.com recipes.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Tammy from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 46 g
Fat 22 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 365 mg
Potassium 410 mg
Phosphorus 220 mg
Calcium 26 mg
Fiber 1.0 g
Added Sugar 18 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register