Baked Beef and Pork Meatballs
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground round beef
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a bowl combine ground pork, ground beef, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Add 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs and combine.
- Roll meat mixture into 24 meatballs.
- Place remaining bread crumbs on a plate and roll meatballs to coat.
- Place each meatball into an individual miniature muffin cup. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Leftover meatballs can be frozen for a later meal.
- Omit the spinach or cheese if desired for lower potassium and phosphorus.
- For a lower protein diet divide recipe into 12 servings, 2 meatballs each. Protein is reduced to 17 grams.
Submitted by: DaVita patient Evelyn and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Joyce from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Sodium 210 mg
Potassium 393 mg
Phosphorus 243 mg
Calcium 104 mg
Fiber 0.8 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register