Baked Pork Chops
1 pork chop with 1 peach half
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 6 center cut pork chops, 3-1/2 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 peach halves, canned in juice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine flour in a flat shallow pan or plate.
- Beat egg and water mixture together in a shallow bowl. Place cornflake crumbs on a shallow plate.
- Dredge pork chops in flour to coat. Dip each chop in egg mixture then dredge in cornflake crumbs.
- Place chops on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Drizzle with melted margarine.
- Dust chops with paprika and salt; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bake pork chops for 40 minutes or until done.
- Grill drained peach halves on a grill pan and top each pork chop with a peach half before serving.
- Mix paprika and salt together before sprinkling on pork chops.
- Cook pork chops to 145º F internal temperature and rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Seema from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 263 mg
Potassium 394 mg
Phosphorus 203 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Added Sugar 1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register