3-1/2 ounces, cooked
- 3 tablespoons unenriched rice milk
- 5 low-sodium soda crackers
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- Crush the soda crackers, then combine them with the milk in a bowl. Let stand until crackers are soft.
- Beat the egg and stir into cracker mixture. Add the herb blend; mix well, breaking up the crackers if necessary. Add the ground beef and mix well.
- Pat the ground beef mixture into 4 equal-size patties.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked until the internal temperature is at least 160º F.
- Serve on a bun with desired toppings, or serve patty with a vegetable and starch of choice.
- Always cook ground beef to a temperature of at least 160º F.
- Nutrient analysis does not include bun, toppings or side dishes.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 116 mg
Sodium 92 mg
Potassium 328 mg
Phosphorus 188 mg
Calcium 31 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 starch
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Helen from Colorado and created by her cousin, Mike G.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register