Broccoli and Beef Stir-Fry
1-1/2 cup stir-fry + 1/2 cup rice
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Higher Potassium
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium Roma tomato
- 8 ounces lean sirloin beef, uncooked
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Chop the garlic cloves and Roma tomato. Cut beef into thin strips.
- Microwave frozen stir-fry vegetable blend on defrost setting for 3-4 minutes to thaw.
- In a fry pan or wok heat oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add vegetable blend stir-fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan add beef. Cook until beef is done to your likeness, about 7 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by combining chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add cooked vegetables, sauce and tomato to the pan with the beef. Heat and stir until sauce is thick.
- Serve dish with 1/2 cup rice.
- Broccoli stir-fry blends contain a blend of 4-6 vegetables. In addition to broccoli the blend may include bell peppers, onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts carrots, celery, sugar snap peas or baby corn.
- If desired, use fresh vegetables instead of frozen. Substitute with 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 cup snow peas and 1/4 cup canned sliced water chestnuts.
- Analysis includes brown rice. Select brown, white or wild rice based on your preference.
- Increase meat for a higher protein meal.
- You can substitute chicken, shrimp, pork for beef to make variations in this dish.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Trisha from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 42 mg
Sodium 351 mg
Potassium 555 mg
Phosphorus 255 mg
Calcium 62 mg
Fiber 5.1 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 2 vegetables, high potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register