Chinese Hotdish (Casserole)
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 ribs celery
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10.5-ounces) Healthy Request Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 can (10.5-ounces) Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Uncle Ben’s® white converted rice, dry
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Dice celery and onion.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion. Drain.
- Pour cooked ground beef into a 2-quart casserole baking dish.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in chicken noodle soup, cream of chicken soup, Worcestershire sauce, rice and boiling water and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and stir.
- Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top of casserole.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Compare chow mein noodle nutrition labels and select the brand lowest in sodium
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitians Jean and Madonna from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 44 mg
Sodium 374 mg
Potassium 339 mg
Phosphorus 180 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register