Chipotle-Glazed Mini Meat Loaves
1 mini meat loaf
- Lower Protein
- Higher Potassium
- 2 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoons no salt added ketchup
- 1/2 pound ground beef, 10% fat
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F with the oven rack in the top position. Trim and thinly slice scallions, keeping the whites separated from the greens. Finely chop whites. Press garlic clove with flat edge of knife so that the peel splits open. Peel garlic and finely mince.
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup and 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, scallion whites, minced garlic, panko, pepper, salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder.
- Shape beef mixture into two loaves. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake until meat loaves are almost cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Brush meat loaves with ketchup mixture. Return to oven for 4 to 8 minutes or until meat loaves are cooked through to internal temperature of 160° F..
- Garnish with chopped scallion greens before serving.
- If using a meat thermometer, cook to 160° F internal temperature.
- Loaves can also be cooked in individual loaf pans.
- If no salt added ketchup is unavailable at your local grocery store consider ordering it online.
- Double the recipe to make extra to freeze for a quick dish later.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Heidi from California
Nutrients per serving
Protein 25 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 74 mg
Sodium 245 mg
Potassium 516 mg
Phosphorus 234 mg
Calcium 43 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Added Sugar 6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register