Creamy Crock-pot® Beef and Noodles
3/4 cup beef with sauce, 1/2 cup noodles
- 1 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pound top round steak
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces packaged sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Cut steak into 1/4" thick slices. Place steak, garlic, onions and next 5 ingredients in a 3 quart electric slow cooker. Stir well.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Place flour in a small bowl, and gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add broth to slow cooker, and stir well.
- Cover with lid; cook on high setting for 1 hour. Reduce to low heat setting, and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until steak is tender.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package instructions, omitting salt.
- Turn slow cooker off, and remove lid. Let beef mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream. Serve beef sauce over noodles.
- An 8-ounce package of egg noodles makes approximately 2-1/2 cups cooked.
- For a lower protein diet if you reduce beef and sauce portion to 1/2 cup over 1/2 cup noodles the protein is 20 grams per serving (2 meat choices).
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Kristy from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 30 g
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 218 mg
Potassium 452 mg
Phosphorus 288 mg
Calcium 56 mg
Fiber 2.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register