Crock-Pot® BBQ Beef
1/2 cup meat with sauce
- 4 pound pot roast
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup onion
- Place roast in Crock-Pot®. Add 2 cups water and slow cook roast on low setting for approximately 10 hours until thoroughly cooked and easy to pull apart.
- Drain meat reserving 1-cup liquid.
- Place cooked meat in a 9” x 13” pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine reserved liquid from meat, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and minced onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour sauce mixture over cooked meat and cover. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes, or until heated.
- Chuck, arm, or rump roast are great choices for this recipe.
- Serve on a bun as a sandwich, or over rice or pasta.
- Makes three 1-pound packets of BBQ beef—great to serve and then freeze the rest for 2 to 3 more meals.
- Makes five generous servings per pound of roast cooked.
- For the CKD non-dialysis diet, decrease portion to match your diet plan if you are on a lower-protein diet.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mary from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 71 mg
Sodium 207 mg
Potassium 278 mg
Phosphorus 174 mg
Calcium 20 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register