- 1/4 cup shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, 3/4” thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh parsley springs to garnish
- Finely chop shallots and grate ginger root.
- Coat pork chops with flour.
- In a medium skillet, melt margarine or butter; add pork chops.
- Sauté over medium heat until brown on both side and fully cooked throughout (about 7 to 10 minutes per side).
- Remove chops to heated platter and keep warm.
- Pour broth and sherry into the skillet; bring to a boil, loosening brown particles from skillet.
- Add shallots and ginger root. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mustard, mustard seed and pepper. Spoon sauce over chops.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Low-sodium chicken broth contains less than 140 mg sodium per 1 cup serving. Avoid brands that contain added potassium chloride.
- This recipe may be used in a CKD non-dialysis diet, but the portion size may need to be adjusted for a lower protein diet. Ask your dietitian about modifications for your individual protein requirements.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 168 mg
Potassium 438 mg
Phosphorus 248 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 fat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mary from Minnesota.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register