Grilled Flank Steak with Cilantro Pesto
- Heart Healthy
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound flank steak
- Dice jalapeno pepper and mince garlic.
- Prepare pesto by mixing together almonds, yogurt, jalapeno pepper, salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on steak. Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill steak to desired temperature or about 6 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak into thin slices. Serve with 1 tablespoon cilantro pesto.
- Serve with a small salad and a serving of Nicole’s Cumin Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries.
- Use leftover cilantro pesto on sandwiches or as a dip for Nicole’s fries.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Nicole from Virginia
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 69 mg
Sodium 142 mg
Potassium 390 mg
Phosphorus 237 mg
Calcium 82 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register