- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 bell green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut bell peppper and onion into 2” cubes. Mince garlic cloves. Cut pork into 2” cubes.
- In a jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and black pepper for marinade. Secure top and shake until blended.
- Place pork cubes in a bowl; pour marinade over and marinate in the refrigerator from 45 minutes up to 4 hours.
- Thread bell pepper, pork and onion alternately on six 12” skewers.
- Grill over medium-hot coals 12 to 15 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning half way though cooking.
- Protein requirements for those with kidney disease vary based on the stage of CKD. Check with your dietitian for adjustments to recipes or serving size based on your individual protein requirements.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 58 mg
Potassium 336 mg
Phosphorus 179 mg
Calcium 17 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Helen from Colorado.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register