Lemon Rosemary Pork
one cutlet, approximately 3 ounces, 1/4 cup sauce
- Heart Healthy
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pork cutlets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- rosemary twigs for garnish, lemon slices for garnish
- Mix flour and pepper in a zip-top bag.
- Coat pork in the mixture, shake off excess.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and no longer pink in middle when tested with a sharp knife.
- Remove to serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add lemon juice, chicken broth and rosemary to skillet. Stir and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over pork and serve right away.
- Pork cutlets are boneless, thin-sliced tender cuts of pork taken from the sirloin end of the loin. If unavailable, substitute boneless pork chops.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the portion to match your meal plan.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Carol from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 24 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 69 mg
Sodium 51 mg
Potassium 378 mg
Phosphorus 160 mg
Calcium 18 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register