Lisa’s Awesome Burgers Lower Protein
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Mrs. Dash® Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- 6 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill according to manufacture’s direction.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, egg and Mrs. Dash® seasoning until all ingredients are mixed throughout.
- Divide ground beef mixture into 6 equal size patties.
- Grill to desired temperature and doneness.
- Place on hamburger buns.
- These burgers need no ketchup or mustard. They are full of flavor!
- Use your favorite Mrs. Dash® seasoning blend.
- One large onion yields 1 cup chopped.
- This lower protein version of Lisa's Awesome Burgers has a smaller burger portion compared to the original recipe on DaVita.com. The nutrients have been adjusted to reflect this change.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Lisa from New York.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 84 mg
Sodium 264 mg
Potassium 319 mg
Phosphorus 182 mg
Calcium 81 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register