Microwave Meat Loaf in a Mug
- 2 tablespoons 1% low fat milk
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- Spray a 12-ounce microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the milk (or milk substitute), ketchup, oats and onion powder.
- Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Pat into the mug.
- Cover and microwave, on HIGH, for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Compare brands and select the lowest sodium ketchup.
- Look for ground beef with at least 7% fat for this recipe. Ground turkey makes a good substitute.
- Use your favorite milk substitute instead of milk if desired.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the amount of ground beef to match your meal plan.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Maryann from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 25 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 170 mg
Potassium 397 mg
Phosphorus 246 mg
Calcium 65 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register