Peppercorn Pork Chops
1 pork chop
- 1 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 6 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup green and red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Sprinkle and press peppercorns into both sides of pork chops.
- Heat oil, margarine and garlic cloves in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add pork chops and cook uncovered for 5–6 minutes.
- Dice the bell peppers. Add the bell peppers and apple juice to the pork chops.
- Cover and simmer for another 5–6 minutes or until pork is thoroughly cooked.
- Freeze leftover chops in individual portions to reheat for a quick meal later.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Kathleen from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 25 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 30 g
Cholesterol 92 mg
Sodium 112 mg
Potassium 332 mg
Phosphorus 189 mg
Calcium 26 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 2 fat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register