Pork Tenderloin Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 green onion for garnish
- 2 cups cooked pork tenderloin (Try leftovers from DaVita.com Slow Cooker Carnitas)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Dice the onion half and green onion. Dice the cooked pork loin.
- Double-boil sweet potatoes. Put diced sweet potatoes in a pot and cover potatoes completely with water. Bring water to a boil then drain water. Refill water and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Drain potatoes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over potatoes and stir.
- Add boiled sweet potatoes and leftover pork to the skillet and stir gently until just heated, 3 to 4 minutes. If preferred cook until potatoes are slightly browned.
- Plate and garnish with green onion. Enjoy!
Helpful hintsTop with 1 or 2 eggs over easy for added protein and flavor.
Skip the double-boiling if you are not on a low potassium diet. Boil sweet potatoes until tender instead.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Tara from Michigan
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 62 mg
Potassium 448 mg
Phosphorus 224 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 1.8 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register