4 oz pork, 1/2 cup dressing and 3 tablespoons
- Higher Potassium
- 15 ounces canned no salt added whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 butterfly boneless pork chops
- 1/2 can reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Drain corn. Chop green pepper and onion.
- Combine egg, breadcrumbs, corn, 1/4 cup of the water, green pepper, onion and Worcestershire sauce to make dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat Dutch oven or ovenproof skillet and add oil.
- Brown pork chops/loin on both sides.
- Top with corn dressing mixture and add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake uncovered for an hour, or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork and arrange on serving platter.
- Add soup and 3/4 cup water to pan drippings, and cook until bubbly.
- Ladle soup mixture over chops.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Butterfly boneless pork chops are center loin chops that are split almost in half for stuffing; also known as loin-cut pork chops with pockets.
- You can use 1-1/2 pound pork loin sliced into six 4-ounce strips to replace individual pork chops.
- Substitute 1-1/2 cups frozen or fresh corn for canned corn if desired.
- If you are on a lower protein diet reduce the portion of pork to match your meal plan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 28 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Sodium 240 mg
Potassium 545 mg
Phosphorus 228 mg
Calcium 67 mg
Fiber 3.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Amanda from Michigan.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register