Sausage Noodle Casserole
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1/3 cup bell pepper
- 1/3 cup onion
- 14.5 ounces canned no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup no-salt-added canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Chop the bell pepper and onion.
- Prepare noodles per package directions, but omit salt.
- Over medium heat fry sausage, chopped bell pepper, and onion until sausage is cooked and vegetables are soft.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, and oregano to sausage mixture.
- Mix noodles and sausage mixture in 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Look for sausage brand the lowest sodium. Check numbers on the label.
- Tomatoes are a high potassium vegetable. Stick with the recommended portion to keep your serving kidney-friendly.
Submitted by: Recipe by DaVita patient AJ and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Anna from Nevada.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 445 mg
Potassium 368 mg
Phosphorus 124 mg
Calcium 33 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register