3 ounces beef, 1/2 cup vegetables, 1 pineapple ring
- Higher Potassium
- 8 ounces canned pineapple slices
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ginger root
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound sirloin tips
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow crookneck squash
- 1/2 medium red onion
- Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice. Mince the garlic and ginger.
- Combine pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt in a zip top bag. Place sirloin tips in the marinade and seal the bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line 2 rimmed sheet pans with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the squash into 1/2-inch rounds. Toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cut the red onion half into wedges. Toss with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Arrange pineapple rings and squash in a single layer on one of the sheet pans. Roast for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and turn the pineapple and squash pieces over. Add the onion and roast until lightly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes. Cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Remove the sirloin tips from the marinade and place in an even layer on the other sheet pan. Roast for 4 minutes then turn the pieces over. Cook for 4 minutes or until sirloin pieces are cooked through.
- Arrange sirloin tips on a platter with squash and pineapple and serve.
- Thicker or larger pieces of meat require longer cooking time.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 25 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 74 mg
Sodium 150 mg
Potassium 685 mg
Phosphorus 257 mg
Calcium 60 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 medium potassium fruit
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Heidi from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register