Slow Cooker Apple Pork Roast
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-pound pork roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Core the apples and cut into 8 wedges. Coarsely chop the red onion.
- Place the apples and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Rub the pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast on top of apples and onion in slow cooker.
- Pour applesauce over roast.
- Dust with remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook on high heat setting for 4 hours.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust portion size to match your meal plan.
- Follow food safety measures and avoid cross contamination.
- Pork is done when it reaches internal temperature of 160º F.
- Serve with rice and a salad or cooked vegetable.
- Leftovers are great piled onto a sandwich.
- This recipe was tested using Fuji apples and pork loin roast which are recommended but not mandatory.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Brenda from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 32 g
Carbohydrates 8 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 140 mg
Potassium 486 mg
Phosphorus 256 mg
Calcium 37 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register