Slow Cooker Carnitas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
Preparation1. Drizzle oil in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Combine dried spices, then sprinkle over the pork tenderloin.
3. Squeeze in juice from the lime and add the 1/4 cup orange juice.
4. Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours for most tender pork. If faster is time desired cook on high setting for 4 hours.
5. Shred cooked pork using 2 forks. Mix in fresh cilantro if desired and serve.
- Serve with corn tortillas or over white or brown rice with chopped cilantro.
- Make Pork Tenderloin Sweet Potato Hash with leftover pork.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Elyse from Virginia
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 55 mg
Potassium 407 mg
Phosphorus 232 mg
Calcium 17 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices3-1/2 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register