1 pork chop with vegetables and sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Basic White Sauce (see kidney-friendly recipe)
- 4 pork chops (1 pound)
- Chop the onion and bell pepper. Slice the mushrooms.
- Prepare Basic White Sauce from DaVita recipe.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high heat. Quickly sear pork chops on both sides; remove from skillet and place in an oven proof baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Sauté vegetables in the same skillet, then spread over pork chops.
- Pour Basic White Sauce over pork and vegetables.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 350° F for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Smothered Pork Chops are delicious served over rice. Add your favorite low potassium vegetable and dessert for a complete meal.
- To save time substitute 1 cup frozen vegetable mix for fresh onions and bell peppers.
- Mori uses butter-flavored cooking spray, but any flavor works.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 20 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 113 mg
Potassium 468 mg
Phosphorus 214 mg
Calcium 30 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1/2 nondairy milk alternative
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Mori from Texas.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register