- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 recipe Mexican Seasoning (under Sauces and Seasoning in Recipe section of DaVita.com)
- 5 tablespoons onion
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 14 flour tortillas, 6-inch
- 5 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons sour cream
- Make the Mexican Seasoning recipe (under Sauces and Seasoning in the Recipe section of DaVita.com).
- Chop the onion and lettuce.
- Brown and drain the ground beef. Add the seasoning mixture and the low-sodium tomato sauce. Heat over medium heat. Warm the tortillas.
- To assemble soft tacos, take 1 flour tortilla, add 1/4 cup seasoned ground beef, 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon sour cream and lettuce as desired.
- Ground turkey or vegetarian ground meat substitute can be used instead of ground beef.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 19 g
Carbohydrates 32 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 494 mg
Potassium 422 mg
Phosphorus 276 mg
Calcium 143 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Lynn, RD, LD, from Minnesota. Watch the video »
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register