Stuffed Pork Chops
1 pork chop
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups soft bread cubes
- 6 center loin pork chops, cut 1-1/2" thick with a pocket
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Chop celery and onion.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan. Add water, celery, onion, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Place bread cubes into a mixing bowl. Add margarine mixture and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Season pork chops with remaining black pepper. In a skillet, brown chops on each side.
- Divide bread mixture and stuff each chop. If necessary, use a skewer or toothpick to keep chops closed.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chops in pan, cover, and bake for 1 hour.
- Thick pork chops provide a large amount of protein for those who need it.
- If you are on a low protein diet, consider dividing the cooked pork chop into 2 servings to help meet your protein goal.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Cristin from Pennsylvania.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 30 g
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fat 20 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 223 mg
Potassium 451 mg
Phosphorus 268 mg
Calcium 50 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register