2-1/2 ounce burger, bun and toppings
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup fresh green chile, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 5 hamburger buns
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2-1/2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2-1/2 tablespoons bottled salsa, medium hot
- Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add ground red pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, water, egg white, chopped green chile and onion. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 5 portions and make into patties.
- Cook on stove top in frying pan over medium heat, turning patties only once.
- Place each patty on a hamburger bun and top with 1/4-cup shredded lettuce, 1/2-tablespoon salsa and 1/2-tablespoon sour cream.
- Patties are done when internal temperature reaches 160° F for medium or 170° F for well done.
- Compare labels to limit hidden sodium in buns, salsa and sour cream.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 352 mg
Potassium 392 mg
Phosphorus 229 mg
Calcium 60 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Shelbie from Texas.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register