Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce
2 ounces tenderloin and 1 tablespoon sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Gulden’s® spicy brown mustard (divided use)
- 2 pounds beef or pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine pepper, paprika, breadcrumbs, parsley and canola oil in a small bowl. Spread mixture on a piece of waxed paper longer than tenderloin.
- Trim the fat and skin from the tenderloin and tie with kitchen string.
- Brush the tenderloin with 1/4 cup mustard, then roll in spice mixture to coat.
- Insert meat thermometer into middle of the tenderloin and place on a roasting rack. Cook 30 to 45 minutes, until thermometer registers 145° F for beef or 160° F for pork.
- Let meat rest 10 to 15 minutes then slice into 12 portions.
- To make sauce, heat remaining 1/4 cup mustard, horseradish and brown sugar in a small pan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream. Remove from heat and serve over tenderloin.
- Make the mustard sauce while the meat is resting.
- If meat is cut before resting, juices will be lost and meat is not as moist.
- Begin checking meat temperature after 25 to 30 minutes. Cooking time varies with thickness of the meat.
- Freeze leftover portions for a quick meal later.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sara Colman, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 48 mg
Sodium 177 mg
Potassium 295 mg
Phosphorus 164 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register