High Protein Piña Colada
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate®,
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 ounce lemon lime soda
- 2 slices fresh pineapple
- Pour pineapple juice into the blender
- Add the protein powder and blend until smooth
- Add crushed ice and blend until smooth
- Pour into serving glass
- Add lemon lime soda or ginger ale
- Garnish with small pineapple slices.
- Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate® may be purchased online or at The Vitamin Shoppe. One scoop or individual package equals 1 ounce and provides 23 grams protein.
- Freeze the extra serving until ready to drink later.
- Use ginger ale (regular or diet) instead of lemon-lime soda if desired.
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Allison from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 33 mg
Potassium 202 mg
Phosphorus 48 mg
Calcium 52 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register