High Protein Smoothie
- Higher Potassium
- 1 small carton (10-ounce) frozen strawberries, lightly sweetened
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1 scoop (approx 1/3 cup) whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- Blend egg whites in a blender for 2 minutes.
- Add strawberries, pineapple concentrate and protein powder. Blend at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour 3/4 cup of the smoothie into a glass and top with whipped cream.
- Store the remainder in the refrigerator (1 day) or freezer to enjoy later.
- Increase protein powder to 2 scoops for a higher protein smoothie.
- Omit protein powder for a low protein smoothie (3 grams per serving).
- Pasteurized egg whites are recommended to avoid the risk of salmonella. Look for refrigerated egg whites in a carton in the dairy section, or dried egg whites in the baking section at your local grocery store.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Ester from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 33 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Potassium 325 mg
Phosphorus 70 mg
Calcium 44 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register