Lime Sherbet Protein Punch
- 4 cups Sprite Zero® (1 liter) or other sugar-free lemon-lime soda
- 23 ounces pineapple juice (1/2 large can)
- 1/2 gallon lime sherbet
- 6 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- Soften frozen sherbet in microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Scoop it into the large bowl.
- Pour Sprite over sherbet and stir until evenly mixed.
- Mix whey protein powder and pineapple juice in blender until smooth. Pour into sherbet mixture and stir until evenly mixed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. After refrigeration, stir before serving.
- Substitute Sprite Zero with ginger ale or any other phosphate-free light colored soda. Add food coloring for a more vibrant green.
- Substitute with other sherbet flavors if desired.
- For parties, add spoonfuls of completely frozen sherbet last and let it float on top.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitians Elise and Brooke from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 68 mg
Potassium 200 mg
Phosphorus 66 mg
Calcium 92 mg
Fiber 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 fruit
- 1 high calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register