Slow Cooker Cinnamon Bun White Hot Chocolate
6 ounces (3/4 cup)
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 cups rice milk
- 4 cups 2% reduced fat milk
- 8 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Torani® sugar-free white chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated brown sugar and sucralose blend
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons marshmallow fluff
- 10 teaspoons sugar-free caramel syrup
- Pour the milk and rice milk into a 3 quart crock pot. Add the cinnamon.
- Cover and turn to low heat setting. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours to infuse the milk with the cinnamon flavor.
- Add the white chocolate syrup, brown sugar blend, vanilla and additional cinnamon if desired. Let cook for 30-45 minutes covered.
- For each serving pour 6 ounces into a small coffee cup and garnish with a tablespoon of marshmallow fluff and a drizzle of sugar-free caramel syrup.
- If you are looking for a way to increase protein intake add 1/2 cup whey protein powder or other protein supplement suggested by your dietitian to the milk mixture.
- If you need higher calories you can use the regular syrups instead of sugar-free.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Denise from Oklahoma.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 108 mg
Potassium 215 mg
Phosphorus 118 mg
Calcium 150 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 milk
- 1 milk alternative
- 1/2 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register